During the now famous Art & Architecture Trail Weekend from 10 – 11 September 2016, discover more than 150 artists and designer makers exhibiting in the homes, historic buildings, gardens and courtyards, shop windows, churches and unconventional gallery spaces all over this beautiful Derbyshire Market town.
Soak up the Festival buzz with street theatre, music, fun family events, great food and drink whilst taking your chance to meet artists, buy original and affordable art and take a look inside some of the most beautiful, historical and quirky homes and buildings in Derbyshire.
Alongside the Trail artists and designer makers, the Festival prides itself on its Curated Exhibition, a programme of curated contemporary visual art including the work of some of the region’s top new graduates. Explore our Curated Exhibition in St Mary’s Church and the Parish Room as part of your Trail ticket.
Details of all of the artists and designer makers exhibiting at this year’s Wirksworth Festival are in the “Artists” section of the website.
Each year the Art & Architecture Trail dates are dictated by the ancient ceremony of “clypping the church”, everyone is welcome to join in and link hands around St Mary’s Church on Sunday 11 September from 2pm.
As well as the artists and designer makers exhibiting over the weekend, here are some more events taking place over the Trail Weekend:
Saturday 10th September
- Community Celebration Workshop – 11 to 3:00pm – Anthony Gell School
- LockStock 2016 – 12 to 10pm – The Old Lock Up
- MusicWirks – live music all around the town – 12 to 5pm – Various (see posters around town for the day’s line up)
- The Green Market – 10 – 5pm – The Market Place
- St John’s Street Theatre “All Fools” – 11:30/1:30/3:30 – Churchyard Walk
- The Amazing Pop up Archive – 10am to 5pm – Vicarage Lawn
- When T’Owd Man Met T’Kaiser – 10am to 5pm – Northern Light Cinema
- Music at the Souler Shack – 6 – 11pm – StarDisc
Sunday 11th September
- LockStock 2016 – 12 to 5pm – The Old Lock Up
- MusicWirks – live music all around the town – 11am to 5pm – Various (see posters around town for the day’s line up)
- The Amazing Pop up Archive – 10 to 5pm – Vicarage Lawn
- Alpine Horns – 11am to 12:30pm – The Market Place
- Gig on the Roof – 4 to 10pm – The Market Place
- Clypping of the Church – 3pm – St Mary’s Church
Art & Architecture Trail Guides and Badges are £7 for entry to all venues throughout the weekend plus an illustrated guide. Under 18s are free Trail Badges and Guides are available to purchase from the Park & Ride Car Parks, if arriving by train from Duffield, from EVR’s station and in main venues throughout the town – Traid Links (Festival box office), the Town Hall, the Memorial Hall and the Parish Room as well as selected venues along the Trail. You can buy your trail guide and badge in advance from Traidlinks, the Festival Box Office from Saturday 3 September.